- Improve the diagnosis of parasitic infections by examination of clinical material from patients with parasitic infections either by microscopy, serology or antigen detection.
- Encourage participants to take individual action to investigate and remedy any problems revealed.
- To ensure that participants have access to EQA specimens which are relevant to their current laboratory practice.
The emphasis on UKNEQAS Parasitology is education by:
- Introduction of “new” or unusual parasites.
- Distribution of teaching sheets for all schemes, particularly when a poor performance has been noted.
- UK NEQAS Blood and Faecal Parasitology Associated Teaching Programme for all Participants.